This post is the first of a new series I will run weekly for the month of August. Every Tuesday there will be a post on minimally processed nutritious ingredient for quick plant based meals. While I generally enjoy making my meals from scratch, there are just some days I do not have the time and need to prepare something quick yet nutritious for myself and my family. However, not everyone enjoys or wants to spend hours in the kitchen. There are many who despise being in the kitchen and only enter because they have to. I have clients who don’t care to cook, or worse, spend hours fumbling around in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make. However, because they know in order to get a healthy meal its best to eat at home they are in need of quick healthy options regularly. With this series I intend to accomplish both helping people who are short on time or just don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing a healthy meal.
This week’s 20 minute meal is filled with veggies, of course, tons of flavor, and it’s free of gluten, soy, dairy, and corn which are inflammation causing ingredients for many people. While most of the items are prepackaged they are minimally processed with no added chemicals or undesirable ingredients. A fresh meal guaranteed to nourish your body without having to slave all day, a definite win/win. A bonus with this meal is you can cook once and eat twice, meaning you can make a large portion and have enough to eat the next day, and we all know leftovers are the ultimate quick meal, ready in 5mins or less no prep required. If you want to get creative, you could even make your leftovers into a different meal, like a spaghetti lasagne.
The only requirement of quick meals is the ability to multitask. In order to succeed at your meal being quick you have to have more than one pan in the fire,literally. If you can do that, quick meals will be a cinch for you. You will be in and out of the kitchen, with fresh nutritious meals, in no time.
- 1 Lrg Winter Squash
- 2 Lrg caps or 1C sliced Portabella Mushroom
- 1 bunch Broccolini
- 2 Lrg Carrots
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Shallot
- 1/2C Hemp Seeds
- 2 pkg’s Gluten/Corn Free Pasta *picture of preferred brand below*
- 1 Jar Gluten Free Pasta Sauce *picture of preferred brand below*
- 1/3C Coconut Aminos(optional)
- 2Tbs Olive Oil
- 1.5tsp Oregano
- 1.5tsp Thyme
- 1.5tsp Coriander
- 1.5tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5tspOnion Powder
- 1tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- Put a pot of water on high, add a pinch of salt and olive oil, bring to a boil.
- While waiting for your water to boil, chop up veggies and place into a bowl *except the garlic, set it aside*
- Add 1/4C of coconut aminos to your veggies toss and set aside
- Place pasta into boiling water, stir to keep noodles from clumping together *stir often*
- While the pasta boils, begin sautéing your veggies
- Add chopped garlic and olive oil to sauté pan
- Lightly brown the garlic then add in veggies, spices and toss *toss/stir often to make sure veggies brown evenly
- While the veggies are sautéing, drain your pasta, rinse, and set aside
- Once veggies have browned, but not to soft, pour in pasta sauce, mix, cover, and let simmer for 10mins
- Once veggies and pasta sauce are done mix with pasta noodles, top with hemp seeds, and enjoy!